Friday, August 7, 2015

Week 3- Hungry Week

I re-read my post last week about bringing my calories (and fats, though I left that part out) into check. I needed the reminder for how I did it, cause boy I did not do it this week. 

I managed to eat well, but I also carry with me some triscuit mini's, or crackers, or pretzels, as an emergency snack in case my normal veggies leave me light-headed or just don't feel enough. The problem is they haven't been enough all week. Then I go home and pig out.

And by pig out, I mean I had 4 olive garden bread sticks (leftover from to-go Friday) for dinner. That was my DINNER! 500 calories, pushing me 200 calories over cause I pigged out too much at work, and I was still hungry. Oh gee, I wonder why! Maybe because I ate like crap and had nothing of truly filling value, just the temporarily filling sensation carbs produce. Had I had some steamed veggies, I could have stayed at my calorie level and been more full. But nooo, I have to be a weak idiot. 

My justification: I paid for it & don't want to waste the food. Maybe I shouldn't have ordered it to begin with. Will I ever learn? *sigh*

Despite what it may look like above, I'm not beating myself up terribly. I had a great 2 weeks prior, and everyone's allowed to have slumps, so long as they don't allow themselves to stay in it. 

Today is much better. I have picked myself back up and am on the right track again. Yesterday is a memory best forgotten.

 I'm healthy, hear me roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment