Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Oh Jillian...


Me & Body Revolution. We have a love-hate relationship, one I cannot seem to make a full commitment to. For the time being I'm trying the program again, once again modifying it to better suit my needs. IE: I did all 6 days last week, but I'm only doing it twice this week + 1 cardio day since I'm feeling a bit lazy.

Jillian does her best to coach and motivate. But sometime I just... wanna punch her in the face.

As I completed Workout 1, weeks 1 & 2 (or 1- 8 for me; ya know, whatever), we're in the cool down stretch mode and Jillian instructs "I want to take this energy you've created with you here today. Take it with you and apply it to the rest of your day; you have no idea how transcendent this can be".


Um, I must be doing something seriously wrong, because energy was the last thing I had created.

Sweat- check.
Smell- *cough* check
Fatigued/ sore Muscle- *groan* check
Massive need for a nap- Oh yeah, check with big fat marker
Energy- *crickets*

The rest of my day? I admit, I have regained some of my energy level lost this AM, but I don't feel some amazing experience thanks to my pushing myself and working out today. Am I happy I did it? Sure, cause I know it'll make my body stronger, but this is not some life- altering experience. 

And because I'm pathetically week again, I will be repeating the "Week 1 & 2" dvd's for at least the next month- until the point where I feel my strength is at a level ready for progression. So I get to hear her tell me about how transcendent my energy level is for, oh, the next month or so. 

Joy.

But her other stuff does work. "Why are you here? Ask yourself why you are doing this? If you have a good why, you can tolerate any how" or "Imagine that muscle getting shredded, sculpted, getting you the body that you want, that you deserve, and I don't just mean looking hot, I mean feeling hot!" You have me there, Jillian. You have me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment