Wednesday, July 22, 2015

New Day, New Attitude

I'm keeping two thoughts in focus with this latest bout of "healthy me":

1st: It's only 1 day. 
2nd: It's only the beginning.

By focusing on my results 1 day at a time, I'm less likely to feel guilty over any screw-ups I may have. Let's just see how today goes, and ignore yesterday and tomorrow.

By reminding myself I have a long journey ahead of me, as all healthy weight loss journeys are, I'm recalling I cannot expect to see results, if I EVER see results, any time soon.

I'm not bringing to work foods that I don't eat. My husband's 'snack sized' chips for work? No, will not steal a bag this time! I'm no longer bringing extra snacks with me to work, either. I'm hungry? Tough. Dinner will be soon enough; chug that water. Yesterday was a prime example of fake hunger. I would have bet my life on being hungry while I was at work. I sipped water like crazy to tide me over- I think I drank 20 ounces in an hour. The moment I got home and dove into my evening activities I realized I wasn't all that hungry after all- just mind-numbing bored.

I'm doing everything in my power to ignore the 'bad' thoughts, such as yesterday's discouragement of diet from my colleagues. Know what? They're not me! I need to be happy to be me! Not just to be 'that girl', but because I deserve to be happy being me! And to be happy being me means I need to work out and diet. Because when I feed my body stuff I know is good for me- even when my taste buds crave actual taste that's awful for me- I feel better on the inside, and that radiates to the outside. I remembered yesterday afternoon that, while I had 0 progress the last time I worked out, I didn't 'shrug off' my husband's compliments as I do now. I believed them, because I was doing something to link together the concept that I could be thin and sexy; I was working out & eating healthy.

So day 3 is going good. I'm in control and I am worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment