Thursday, April 23, 2015

...And To That Point...

Isn't typical of life that when something happens to you, you see everything on news or commercials about it? As I grow to accept that calories are my evil problem, and that something needs to be done about them, I'm finding a wealth of information about this very thing suddenly.

BBC news today shared this interesting article about how exercise is "not key" to obesity. 

Here's the deal: I want to eat whatever I'm craving when I'm craving it. This is a perfect world for me.

Here's the reality: I should only eat what I'm craving about once a month.

I want to believe Exercise is my cure, because that means I can keep up with the former and ignore the latter; I exercise, so it's OK! 

I must accept that it's not OK if I want to be Truly Healthy.

"physical activity does not promote weight loss."

There you have it, folks. It's published in a Brittish Sports Medicine Journal, not SELF or some magazine that tends to pull opinions with minor facts. 

In a perfect world it's an equal balance of diet and exercise, but the focus NEEDS to be on diet.

Why is the truth always so hard to receive?

No comments:

Post a Comment