Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Body Revolution VS T25

It's hard not to compare my T25 experience with my Body Revolution experience. Each has claims of producing 'amazing' results and each has its perks and negatives.

Perk of T25:
1st is obvious; shorter duration. 

2nd is the constant variety it offers. Shawn T does not spend a long time on particular move and expands upon each move quickly. Your muscles may begin to protest doing it, but your brain doesn't have enough time to rate (or reject) true interest level. 
 
3rd is weekly variety; five routines for five days a week and the order for each week is mixed up.

Negatives of T25:
Where it lacks is where Body Revolution has its strength: the middle ground progression. I start out doing the same thing Shawn T is doing, but my body is unable to follow him as he advances his moves, so I back-step into the 'low impact'. Yet that isn't challenging so I try again with Shawn T, only to have my ass beaten back into 'low impact'. 

I imagine the 'Beta' version is going to be a lot like my week 9 experience with Body Revolution, which was a whole new level of insane work. I'm a little afraid to find out, but I still have 3 weeks before I have to worry about it.

Really, T25 is a great program. Heart rate stays elevated, lots of variety to prevent exercise boredom, and it's a challenge- who doesn't want to attempt a challenge? 

But there are those moments where i'm like "Man, Jillian Michaels could do this better."

Ultimate epic program: Shawn T & Jillian Michaels team up. Fitness nirvana.

No comments:

Post a Comment