Friday, October 31, 2014

Forgotten Criticism

Overwhelmed by how jelly-like my legs are, I forgot a point I wanted to make.

Jillian Michales: there's a reason why you're not flexible, honey. Your stretching Is-A-Joke!

We just did a Ton of glut exercises today- static lunges, donkey kicks, single leg bridges, and not Once did you say to stretch that muscle. Awful! Shameful! How have you not been sued for injury?! Hm, you probably have but it's been kept quiet.

For those who are thinking of doing or just started the Body Revolution program, give yourself an extra 5-10 minutes after the DVD to stretch yourself better. I ignore the stretches she's doing. I leave the DVD to play out and begin my own.

Corner stretch- so, so good. Keep those arms parallel to your shoulder and lean in. (You don't have to step in like this photo). After DVD 2, this should be a requirement.

At least 30 seconds on each side for this glut stretch is a MUST for DVD 2!

Not just good for the rear end, it really opens up the hips, too. 

Works chest, back, hamstring- all the muscles this workout will tigten.

I really focus on my hamstring, because that's what flared up the most after DVD 2

I couldn't find a good picture online for my final recommendation, so I hope I can describe this well: 
Find a wall edge (doorway edge works too). Arms up to shoulder level, elbow bent, palm facing front, put your arm against the edge of the wall halfway up your bicep and lean into the wall, let it stretch your upper arm area. 

I do these stretches at least 3 times in my day, basically whenever I feel the muscles begin to stiffen. It eases the pain, and will help keep the muscles limber to prevent injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment